Jul 22, 2012

eggplant parmesan


I was going to combine this post with my trip to the Suanbo zoo, but after looking at the zoo pictures decided it'd be much better if they were separate. Onto delicious foreign, vegetarian food. I just described it as foreign, I've been in Korea for too long.


 It's whats for dinner: eggplant parmesan, couscous and salad.

The finished product. I was in an eggplant mood, but I guess I've got an Italian theme going right now, so I decided to make eggplant parmesan. I thinly sliced two eggplants, dipped the slices in egg and then cornmeal and baked for a few minutes each side in my toaster oven. After they were finished, I spread some tomato sauce in the bottom of a pan and then layered the eggplant slices with red onion, black olives, basil (that I grew myself) cheese and more tomato sauce. Then put it in the toaster oven and baked for 20 minutes. Super easy.

And a shot of pseudo Italian food being cooked:
 Garlic bread and mini pizzas, cooked in a big frying pan. My favourite part of this picture is that everyone has a different weapon of choice; spatula, glove and chopsticks. I think chopsticks would win in this kitchen war.

Nothing like a bunch of food to make you feel like taking a nap.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment