Aug 19, 2012

flying and landing

I set off by bus on Saturday for ICN and once on the bus, pretty quickly nodded off. Only to be nudged awake half way through the trip by the guy sitting beside me who looked to be aged somewhere between 17 and 22. He showed me a note: "Where are you from? ;)" Nice way to leave Chungju. And then at the airport, my flight was naturally delayed, but at least only for about an hour.

I flew China East airlines, which was kinda weird. They did give us a meal, surprisingly since the flight was so short. But it was pretty unappetizing anyway. I guess it's the thought that counts.
The orange juice and brownie cake thing were nice, but that was about all I was interested in touching. The guy next to me took about 2 minutes to hoover it all down, so some people enjoyed it a whole lot.


Then, for some reason, they decided that the in flight entertainment would be an episode of Shaun the sheep (which I showed all the time in middle school so I can't complain), but the weird part was the following celebrity entertainment/gossip show from about 10 years ago. It was all about Jessica Simpson, Nick whoever she was married to, Paul McCartney, Heather Mills and all kinds of people that have since disappeared from the headlines. No idea why it was decided that was relevant to show on a flight between Korea and China by a Chinese airline. Maybe it was a foreshadowing of things to come.

 And since blogspot, along with facebook, youtube, etc is blocked in China, I'm pushing my luck with this vpn and should leave it at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment